We are a group of political thinkers that believe that America's Politicians need to go back to following The U.S. Constitution. We believe that an intellectual and honest debate is needed to better define what being a Conservative means. We welcome any debate as long as you can express your view without making it personal. This is a forum to express Ideas not vulgarities.

Search This Blog

Monday, April 11, 2011

Seperation of Church and State or Congress Shall Make No Law?

Trying to find the seperation of church and state in the 1st amendment. Only thing I can find so far is, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." How is that a concept for seperation? All it says has to do with laws nothing more. Has long as laws are not made in support of religion or prohibiting it. Ten Commandments on State property is NOT congressional law, Christmas tree on city property is NOT congressional law. I am going to vote inside a church for crying out loud.

Creationism can be taught in schools because there is no law passed by congress for school teachings for or against the teaching of it, making that decision up to the States(10th Amendment). I'm sorry I had not called anyone stupid, I just thought someone might actually take aim at the issue intead of name calling. I am more comfortable voting for a candidate who wants to limit government and by proxy stop attacks on our freedoms versus a candidate that is for bigger government and by proxy voting for people telling me how I should live my life. Remember folks, all of us have more freedoms under smaller government.





M. Garry



.

No comments:

Post a Comment